Monday, June 30, 2008

Knitting, what's that?

It's becoming quite clear that my knitting is on a summer hiatus. Finding a spot for my sewing machine has released all this pent up creativity, I suppose.

Today I joined the waiting list for a website that could change my whole crafty world. Spoonflower lets you design and buy your own custom fabric printed on demand. How cool is that? I have no aspirations to become a textile designer. In fact, when I came across the site, I thought "what would I design?" and I'm pretty sure I heard air wooshing around up there. But, sometimes it's hard to find "the perfect" fabric. This might be the answer to getting exactly what you want.

In the FO department, another Birdie Sling compliments of Saturday's severely polluted air. This time I added a magnetic snap. I had a hell of a time getting my lining and exterior to match up as one was much larger than the other. Weird. They fell right into place on the first sling. After a lot of fiddling, the snap halves were off about .5cm from each other. It still works.

2 comments:

Bryna Hallam said...

Oooh, I love the colours/pattern on this one!

KimT said...

cute!