Friday, March 21, 2008

Coming to you live from Bainbridge Island

We've lucked out with great weather in Puget Sound...so far. It's been sunny and cool and beautiful.


Bainbridge Island is like a really clean, upscale, small town and everyone is so friendly. I can't tell you how many people wave at us when we're driving or say hi when we're walking. Soooooo, different from the Bay Area. I always forget how different the Bay Area is from the Pacific Northwest. Apparently, we need to be living here because check out the street sign!

The best Veggie sandwich - ever - is at Streamliner Diner. It must be homemade grainy/nutty bread. It's got homemade hummus, havarti, cucumber, tomato, and sprouts. I think it's the best sandwich I've ever had.

There's also a little yarn shop here called Churchmouse Yarns...I think. It's cute, has a pretty good variety of yarns, and the people were super nice. But, it sells tea and some food and other things. I get that tea and yarn go together but it's still weird to me. It would be one thing if they were serving tea in a warm environment/cafe setting, but selling it? It sort of felt like if you walked too far you'd be in a grocery store. Regardless, they had a couple really nice locally spun and dyed yarns. But did I buy any? No. Instead I bought what I already have plenty of - Socks that Rock. I just love the colourway. It's called Footzy Foo. It is a couple shades of green and pale greeny blue, and some beige. Very Spring like.

I guess I'm obsessed with STR right now because I started a pair of socks in Mist. The yarn is so lovely to knit with and so pretty.


It' supposed to be sunny tomorrow too. Yeah!

No comments: