Thursday, April 10, 2008

Knitting progress and new goals

Recently, I've found myself drawn towards knitting the Hemlock Ring blanket. This one ,in particular, piqued my interest. Well, that and the Webs sale, which would make it only $20 to knit the whole blanket in the identical yarn! Plus I still have my free shipping coupon from Stitches. A lot of Ravelers have commented on it being a quick mindless knit. It sure doesn't look like it.

On the knitting front, these little numbers are almost finished:



It's amazing how fast socks knit up when you only have to knit the foot portion! They should only take a few nights to knit the pair! I'm starting to think all my socks will be this length. They are made from STR lightweight in the colour "cockcrow", which I bought at Stitches. I thought it was an unusual colourway...it was also one of the few colourways left (I wonder why?). Hopefully you're not too repulsed by the brightness, H!

I've recently been asked why I'm knitting so many socks. Why not? I've got a ton of sock yarn, ugly feet, and I like to knit mindless projects. Case closed.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I love these socks - the colours are wonderful and cheery ;0)