Monday, April 28, 2008

Shrinky Dink

I have been meaning to show what happens when you wash and dry washable wool one too many times. This used to be a Rib and Cable sock. I made it out of Rowan Cashsoft 4 ply. Although it pilled a lot, it was soft and made for great socks for wearing at home and too bed (I need warm socks for the ice cold cement floors). Apparently this yarn doesn't like to be washed and dried so much because one day I pulled it out of the dryer to see that it had given up on it's sock life.
Below is the only FO I've had in a while. I made it a couple weeks ago and gifted them to Sandy for her birthday. She was even wearing them volunteering one day...and she didn't know I'd be there so I think she likes them.

Pattern: Maine Morning Mitts from The Knitter's Book of Yarn (but she's providing the pattern for free on her site)

Yarn: Noro Kureyon colour 95, 1 skein

Time to finish: a few hours

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Hi thanks for the tip regarding the yarn Filatura di Crosa "dusk". I'll be checking to see if I can get it in the UK .. if not I'll order it from the site you recommended.
I can't wait to get some to make some colourful mitts like your lovely ones ;0)