Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Procrastination at it's best

I was surprised to get in my car, yesterday, to see that I only drove 147 miles in April. I'm usually around 350miles so I think I did pretty good. My beach cruiser, on the other hand, isn't as happy. It's only 6 or 7 years old but the squeeks and creaks are getting a lot louder. If I'm going to drive less than 100 miles in May then I'm going to have to unload some of the burden on a different bike. Never in a million years did I think that I would be considering buying a town/commuter/comfort bike but it makes sense. I'm even going to sell my mountain bike to pay for it. If all goes well I should have some yarn money leftover.

These are the bikes that I'm considering. The only one that I've tested is the Bianchi and that was 2 years ago when I was tagging along with a friend who was bike shopping. I don't remember much about it but they didn't have as many Milano flavours then as they do now. One of them must be perfect for me ;)

Bianchi Citta or Alfine - I think it's the nicest design of them all.


Felt Cafe 8 Deluxe - I like how they incorporated a clip-off pack into the seat design.


Electra Amsterdam Classic 3 - I've never been an Electra Fan but this sure is cute. I doubt that it's quick release for fixing flats.


Specialized Globe 6 - The best in terms of specs...but would it look ok with a basket on the front?


To be honest, I'm not really looking forward to bike shopping. All the weighing of the pros and cons makes my head hurt. I wanted cheap but the man has a good point that this bike will get more use than my car so I shouldn't be cheaping out. But I also don't want it to get stolen. Speaking of stolen, how cute is this?

Ok, back to studying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Spatial, I bought a Specialized Dolce even though I haven't ridden a bike in years, and i LOVE it! I ride it almost everyday to and from work. and to breakfast on the weekends. LOVE. you should buy a bike you LOVE.